Indoor air is up to 70 times more polluted than outside air according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Standard, throw-away fiberglass filters remove less than 7% of the airborne contaminants that are drawn through the duct work of central air conditioning system via return registers. The remaining 93% of the harmful particles settle in the air ducts to recirculate in your house.
Now acknowledged as a major allergy/disease causing problem by leading medical authorities, doctors and allergists now prescribe air duct cleaning as a method to improve indoor air quality. Additionally, to prolong the life and improve the efficiency of your HVAC system, the Better Heating Cooling Council recommends cleaning your duct work.